Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Miller: Month One

My little monkey is a month old. I know we still have a long road ahead of us but I still can not believe how fast that went by. I am not sure how I want to do this but I do plan on doing a monthly update on him. I think I will be forming it like I did my weekly pregnancy updates.


Weight: 10lbs 13 oz (up 2lbs 11 oz from birth)

Height: When we get him stretched out it appears he is still the same- 21.5in

Sleep: Minus a few nights, he sleeps a few long stretches at night so I get mostly a full nights sleep.

Eating: Breastfeeding is going pretty well. I apparently have an over supply and choke him which is causing some issues recently. While he is nursing he pulls off so he can swallow, and gets fussy which causes him to swallow air. That in turn gives him gas, which makes him super fussy, angry and just wanting to be comforted and held. I am having a struggle with wanting to put him down and not get spoiled being held, but wanting him to be comforted and happy.

Best Moment: He is starting to smile. As I mentioned above, he is really fussy but for the hour or two a day he is happy, he smiles and talks and it is so sweet.

Milestones: He smiles and recognizes certain voices and faces.

Weekly Wisdom: This is just a phase and will pass. (Also, that my baby does not hate me as I keep insisting.)

Let me know if you can think of any other questions that I should be answering in these updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment