Friday, May 10, 2013

Mommy Thoughts

I know that I traditionally post pictures but I haven't had a chance to get the latest batch off of my camera. I will tonight so look for some photos in the next week or so. I figured that since I do not have many pictures lately, I might as well post a few thoughts that I had recently. Sorry to disappoint you with the boringness but I just wanted to put them out there!

- Last night while I changed out the Baby Einstein in my DVD player to watch my nightly dose of "Golden Girls", I wondered what the heck has happened to me? This is now my life. 

- I have felt like a failure of a mother lately. Short tempered mommy, boundary pushing toddler equals a very frustrated household (poor Ben!). I was so down today and then Miller gave me an unprompted "thank you" when I gave him his blueberries. That is the first time ever!!!! Maybe I am making some progress with him after all.

- .....then a little while later, I was laying on the couch and he was sitting next to me. He bent down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. Just out of the blue!

- Barring that above statement, I think I have come to the realization that Miller is the love of my life. Ben and I have never had a romanticized relationship. We love each other and are best friends and perfect partners for each other, but I have never thought of him as my knight in shining armor. With Miller, I totally hear myself gushing about how much I love him. Sorry Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment