Friday, March 16, 2012

Miller: Month Five



How is my baby one month away from being a half of a year old???? I am in shock! I am so happy that he is where he is but I am so sad for the time that is passing by. I wish I could freeze time for a bit. There are days when I want to pull my hair out and runaway for a while, but by the end of the day, when I put him to bed, I am a little sad because I want to spend more time with him. I can not believe how much I love him. I am trying to look forward to watching him grow, rather than dwell on where he has been.

*These measurements are ours so they may be off from last month when we were at the pediatricians.

Weight: 17lbs 12oz (+9lbs 10oz)

Height: 27" (+ 6.5")

Head: 18.5" (+3.5")

Sleep: Maybe we should not open this can of worms. He is still only taking 30 minute naps. I can count on both hands the times he has taken a naps longer than that in the past 6 weeks. Somedays he takes 4 naps, others 2(!!!!) for a grand total of 1-2 hours a day, then by the end of the day, he is deliriously tired. At night, sometimes he sleeps 7 hours, eat, goes back to sleep for 3 but most nights he is up 3 or 4 times. Most times, he is barely eating if he is at all. The past few nights he is just waking up to fuss. Last night I got so frustrated and went to the bathroom. When I came back, Ben and Miller were about 2 feet away from each other, holding hands and both sound asleep. I keep thinking, is there one thing that I might be doing wrong that could make everything fall into place?

Eating: Another can of worms. I have been trying to keep him happy and hoping filling up during the day, might help him sleep better at night. Obviously not working. Right now, I am on a 2 hour schedule with him, which I think is a bit excessive. I was assuming at this point we would be closer to a regular 3 hour schedule.

Best Moment: He is so smiley lately! I will be doing something around the house, stop to look at him and he just beams. I love that he is doing this for other people too. I worry about his social skills since I am staying at home with him but hoping this is a sign he will be a social butterfly.

Milestones: He is rolling over both ways now. He mostly likes to roll from back to belly and hang out there, but then gets mad because he is not sure what to do while he is there. He is learning to get his knees up under him, yikes! We are also working on sitting up. He is a bit wobbly from side to side but doing pretty good.

Monthly Wisdom: I am majorly freaking out about his sleeping but my friends assure me that he will regulate soon (hopefully!!!).

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
-Always working on the sleeping. We are hoping that when we start solids in the next month, it might aide him sleeping through the night. We will reassess after a month of that.
- As I mentioned, starting cereal and other solid foods in a few weeks. We have given him a few tastes of things but we will be full on feeding him soon.

Things Miller is doing
-He is into flailing his arms. Sometimes his hands out his sides, other times he is holding his hands and doing it.
-He hoots. It is the cutest thing because he sounds just like and owl. He will do it for 10 minutes straight.
- He is becoming so social and smiling at everyone. Him and Ben have started becoming buddies. He laughs and smiles at him as soon as he sees him.


No comments:

Post a Comment