Monday, September 17, 2012

Miller: Month Eleven


Weight: 21 lbs 14oz (+13 lbs 12oz)

Height: 29" (+ 7.5")

Head: 19.5" (+ 4.5")

Sleep: This has been pretty consistent and that makes me so happy! We had one night two weekends ago in Knoxville where he cried for 2 hours but we thinking that was teething related. The past week, he had an early wakeup time (like hour and a half earlier than normal), which this mommy does not like but I am sure it was just a phase. There was a period where we wondered if he was trying to go down to one nap but that was not the case. He is just capable of being okay if he skips his later nap but it is not good if we do that everyday.

Eating: I feel like his eating has been weird lately. I have always nursed on demand with him but tried to establish a routine. He was slowly cutting back on nursing which made me sad but then I started to pick up on cues that he wanted to nurse more often. Now he is nursing a bit more. Each time is not very long but as long as he is getting what he needs, that is fine. As for solids, he has always been a good eater here but by the time we get to dinner, it is like he has gotten picky. He does not eat as much as other meals and is done sooner. We think the teething thing is affecting this as well.

Best Moment: We have left him a couple of times in the past month and as soon as we get home, he has woken up to nurse and it makes me feel as if he missed me as much as I missed him.

Milestones: There really has not been anything new this month. He is getting better and better at walking. He is now waving by opening and closing his hand, which we never taught him but it is super cute.

Monthly Wisdom: I get so hung up about the future and our plans for the future, that it paralyzes me. Since having Miller I knew I had to learn to live in the present or I would miss so much. I finally feel like I am in a place where I can still plan about the future but really enjoy our day to day lives. Also, I get so upset over the fact that we are not where we want to be or thought  that we would be at this point in our lives (houses, cars, etc) but you know, at the end of our lives, those are not the things that matter. We can still work towards those goals, but focus on our family and friends right now.

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- Still working on Miller's birthday party. I am actually almost done. My next major task is to plan and take his one year pictures.
- Ummmmm, I think that is actually it. 

Things Miller is doing:
- (as mentioned above) Waving by opening and closing his hands.
- Says fish, kiss, dada, mama, Isla (he loves her!), Ally and we swear he said Love You a few times.
- Loves to read, whether we read to him or he flips through the book on his own.

Here are some pictures of Miller reading. It is the cutest thing to watch him just flip through his books.










No comments:

Post a Comment