Last year back in this post, I talked about the arguments for us to go to Disney World. When we got home from the trip, I was a huge cynic about going to Disney with toddlers. We had fun, but it was just exhausting. Then after the dust settled, we started to realize what a great time we had. Over the last few months, I kept saying that I wanted to go back. Then we saw the episode of "The Middle" when they went to Disney World and Ben looked at me and said he wanted to go back. For a moment we thought about going in January for my birthday and that is when it became serious.
Then our friends started talking about going. JL and her family always go in November but it is just too close to the holidays and Ben can not really take off that much time at that time of the year. Heather had a cancelled family event that freed up a week and it just happened to be at the same time that Disney was running a deal for the hotel at that time. I know we are crazy but here is our reasoning (not that I need to explain our decision to anyone).
- Miller is still free and obviously, so is Scarlett.
- With this deal, the hotel is less per a night than a hotel anywhere. It is a great deal for Disney!
- People say that a two, almost three, year old will not remember it. You know, we do a lot of things for our kids that they will not remember in the name of making family memories. There is such a short time in a kids life where they see the magic in Disney World and Heather and I wanted to take advantage of that.
- We made such great memories as a family and they are only little for such a short time.
- We live within decent driving distant and if it was not for that, we would not be going.
- Rather than 5 days in the park plus the Halloween party like last year, we are only doing 2 days and the Halloween party. This makes it a lot cheaper and less stressful. We are going to try to take advantage of the free things to do on our off days.
- Taking a 9 month old....crazy lady except that she is still pretty mobile and easy going. She will just hang out in the carrier on us or in the stroller.
I have a few projects that I will probably blog about so keep an eye out for that.