Friday, August 22, 2014

Vacation From Hell '14: Part 2

Here is the second part of our vacation.

We pretty much took Scarlett's naps where we could get them. There was lots of those on the beach. It was awesome to soak up some baby snuggles while sitting by the ocean.


We kept hearing the ice cream truck drive by so one afternoon my cousin chased it down and all the kids got treats. I am not sure if Miller was more excited about the ice cream sandwich or the ice cream truck. 


My uncle brought his kayak and Ben took a turn.


On Thursday night my cousins husband chartered a sunset booze cruise for my cousins 30th birthday. Here is the crew that went. Some people stayed behind to babysit or do other activities. 



This is the after shot of us at the end. 


Of course on our last day, Miller got sick. We had a few other people get sick this trip with just a bug so it was our turn to get it. He was pitiful and just wanted to lay on the couch and watch movies. I got in some good snuggles before he laid down for a long nap. He ended up getting some energy so that he could swim a bit that afternoon. 


I took some family pictures while we had everyone together there. They turned out so good!


This is the best I could get of my kids.



7 of the original 8 kids with my grandparents.

 

13 of the 16 cousins with my grandparents.


All 7 of the current great grandkids.


This is the best picture. It is of the in laws who call themselves the outlaws. They definitely give our family their flavor.


And here is everyone that was able to come. We are missing 7 plus the newest baby who will not be here until November.


It was such a good trip. Definitely crazy and hectic now that I have my two kids but we got so much quality time together. We even got to have some fun after the kids went to bed (there was one night with a little too much drinking where some of us ended up in the pool with our clothes on). We all left making plans for the next one in a couple of years. The only issue is  that we keep growing so we will probably have to move to different houses but we already scoped out new ones. I was so sad to leave but we have another trip next month to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment