Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Viva Nashvegas

This past weekend we went to Nashville to celebrate the birthday of our friend, Daniel. I will not mention his age, but it was a certain big birthday. On Friday night we had dinner at Buca di Beppo with some other friends. We got to eat in the kitchen, which was interesting. We definitely saw when our food was up.


Ben, me, Lisa, Daniel, Wendy and Casey. Basically these three guys have been BFFs for a long time and we are the women who love them.


I made cake dots but Daniel also got a free dessert from the restaurant.


Yep, these are grown men.


My yummy french toast that I had for breakfast on Saturday morning.


We went to Cheekwood where we wandered around the gardens and the gorgeous house. This was a special train exhibit that of course, the boys were all about.


Me in the Japanese garden.


It was all so pretty.

We then went to Centennial Park where there was a craft fair we perused. Ben and I partook of the traditional fair foods, and bought great kettle corn, homemade lemonade and fudge. We walked around the Parthenon because, despite living in Tennessee most of my life, I had never been.


Ben scoping out the architectural details. Nerd!


We went downtown that night and watched the hockey game at the Big River Brewry. We saw these dogs on our way there. They are cute but I can not help but feel a bit sorry for them.


This weekend we will be heading to Charleston for the wedding of my dear friend, Brantley. We are going a day early so that we can explore the city a bit. I am sure I will have a post about it next week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what is the deal with dogs wearing sunglasses all of a sudden (did you see Lance's post last week?)?! CRAZY! Sounds like you had an awesome time! I go through Nashville all the time, but have never really explored it like I should.

    ReplyDelete