Monday, January 16, 2012

Miller: Month Three




Weight: 14lbs 13oz (+6lbs 11oz)

Height: 24" (+2 1/2")

Head: 17" still (+2")

Sleep: There is very little that is consistent. As soon as we think he is setting a pattern, he changes. Most nights he sleeps for a 5-6 hour stretch in his crib, then comes and gets in our bed (which we are working on weaning from that), eats, sleeps for 3 hours, eats and sleeps for another 3 hours. During the day, he normally takes 2-3 catnaps, and then one 2-3 hour nap.

Eating: He eats every 2.5- 3 hours during the day. He is consistently eating on both sides, which I am more comfortable with than when he was eating on one side only.

Best Moment: We have had a few nights of sleeping through the night, but I still think the best moments are when he sees me and smiles. I love to see that recognition in his face.

Milestones: He is getting stronger and stronger. He finally started letting me put him on his activity mat for a while so I can get stuff done. I think it is good since he learns to play by himself some. Also, we got him to sleep in his crib AND most nights he actually falls asleep by himself. Even though he does not stay in his crib all night, this is still a great step in the right direction.

Monthly Wisdom: If you know me, I love to plan things, even more than enjoying those plans. This is the perfect time for me to learn to stop planning the future and living for today because Miller is going to be grown up before I know it. Geez, it makes me tear up just saying that.

Goals for the Upcoming Month: We are really going to try to get Miller to stay in his bed all night. This is partly our laziness when he gets in bed with us and just wanting to sleep. We are going to work on getting date nights and time at the gym.




I have some more pictures from his 3 month shoot that we did but I am working on editing them right now. It is all a new process to me so it is taking some time while I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment