Saturday, August 24, 2013

Weekly Update: 24 weeks


How far along: 24 weeks (Viability!!!)
Total weight gain/loss: +5. That is right body, now that you have started gaining some weight, just go slow.  
Maternity clothes: We had some cooler weather this weekend and I felt completely unprepared. With Miller, it never really got cool when I was pregnant and this time I will have to go through the whole fall and beginning of winter. I did assess some things in my closet and should be okay with leggings, sweaters and jeans. 
Stretch marks: Nothing new but I need to be more vigilant with the cocoa butter.
Sleep: We are all off on sleep. Going to bed late, waking up late, Miller taking wonky naps. I am not sure what is going on but when I do sleep, I sleep fine.
Best moment this week: I pointed to my belly and asked Miller who it was. He responded as usual with,”Baby”. I asked him what her name was, and he said it. Yay! He is connecting the dots. He also laid his hand on my belly throughout this whole interaction.
Movement: This week she was trying to headbutt her way out from my belly button. She has lulls but I feel her pretty consistently.
Food cravings: I want nice, warm comfort food. Chili, soups, stews. That might just be a craving for fall though.  Thank goodness Ben is not picky with what I make for dinner.
Food aversions:  Another pregnant girl pointed out that she cannot do lean meats, only full fat meats. When I started thinking about it, that might be my problem with meat. I made chili with ground beef instead of ground turkey and it tasted great.  
Gender: She better still be a girl because I made her 23 headbands last week and 5 skirts on Tuesday.
Labor Signs: I was on my feet a lot this weekend and had lots of belly aches. I got a little nervous that they were Braxton Hicks or other contractions but it was just my body being cranky with me.
Belly Button in or out? Still very much in.
What I miss: Sometimes, I think about her being here and I already miss being pregnant. What is wrong with me?!?! I wish I could just be happy with where I am.
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to getting through and hopefully passing my 1 hour glucose test in a few weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: I had a major freak out about having so many boys clothes and not enough for a girl but my mom made sure to do what she could (ahem, shopping) to make that better.
Milestones: Viability is a great milestone to be at but a scary one. On the one hand, it is comforting to know that if God forbid something were to happen, baby girl would be able to survive. One the other hand, I do not want to jinx anything and even find comfort in that. I want her to get to full term status only before she makes her appearance. 14 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment