Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekly Update- 21 weeks




How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -2lbs. My doctor was a tad concerned that I have not gained any weight yet but not a big deal. She just wanted to make sure that I was eating enough.Truth is, I am probably not. Food aversions plus keeping up with a toddler means I hate eating now.
Maternity clothes: I am finally filling out some of my maternity clothes properly. My bump is rounding out so I do not look as awkward.  
Stretch marks: Same old ones.
Sleep: Miller has decided to start waking up at a decent time this week. Unfortunately, mommy does not want to. I liked sleeping in! At least I am sleeping good when I do sleep. I have had to take a few naps though.
Best moment this week: For the past 4 weeks, I have tried to get Miller to say the baby’s name. He always ignores me or just barely says it and runs off. I was thinking that it was going to take a while for him to understand that the baby in my belly would be the baby that we are calling by this name when she is born. Tonight before bed, he lifted up my shirt, pointed to my belly and said her name. That stinker picks up more than I think he does. Then he kissed my belly and laid down on her. Sibling bonding already!
Movement: She is still inconsistent but the other night I did see my belly move for the first time. She is doing lots of stretches and rolling more than kicks. I was telling my doctor how her movement is so much more inconsistent than Miller’s. She looked at my chart and apparently, the placenta is anterior so it is muffling her movements. I am still feeling her a bunch but it just feels different. That was like a light bulb moment. Everything clicked and made sense then.
Food cravings: I hate food right now. It does not help that my doctor is telling me to eat more.
Food aversions:  Still no meat. Even bacon tasted bad to me. It is like my taste buds are messing with me.
Gender: Baby girl
Labor Signs: Heck freaking no!
Belly Button in or out? Way in but I did notice that it is stretching out some.
What I miss: I still feel crummy most days. I miss just feeling okay. Debilitating headaches have been the problem lately. I have been trying to take it easy and not work so hard on projects but I still feel yucky.
What I am looking forward to: We have a continuation from our anatomy scan in two weeks and although they said that everything is fine, she was just not cooperating then, I look forward to getting that out of the way. It is always good to hear that your baby is just fine.
Weekly Wisdom: From my mom and doctor, I need to take better care of myself. Resting, eating, sleeping, etc.
Milestones: Nothing special this week. Just another week closer to meeting our little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment