Monday, January 12, 2015

Trip to Memphis

Ben's grandmother passed away in early December. As sad as it is to lose someone you love, it was a blessing. She had not been doing well for a long time and I think most everyone was relieved.

It was nice to go and visit family. Miller was not so sure about petting Aunt Liz and Uncle Dave's duck. 

Scarlett just circled the bunny.


We had to share a room with Miller which was a funny experience. He was on a bed in the floor next to us. The first night he would not go to sleep and ended up staying up until 1AM (which is 2AM our time). He turned off his movie and then told me to turn a movie on the TV. I just turned it on HGTV and he was out within a minute. I love watching my kids sleep so I had plenty of opportunities this trip.


There was an awesome playground that we discovered on a our last trip in the spring and so we had  to go back. We waited for the rain to pass but it was still really cold. We ended up going anyways and the kids had a great time.





I had planned to build a gingerbread house this year. I was disappointed that our Christmas season was so rushed and things were getting pushed to the side but I realized that this would be perfect to do with Ben's parents.



Admittedly, I did most of the decorating but it was still fun.


It was a quick trip but it was nice to see family. Plus I had never been to Memphis around Christmas so we got to see everything decorated. I hate we do not get back there very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment