Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekly Update: 36 weeks



Very little has changed this week. No weight gain, my measurements have actually gone down. No labor progress. The big deal is that we finished most of our projects around the house. I will be posting the big nursery reveal on Thursday but for now, there are some spoilers below.

How far along: 36 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Still 38lbs. I have not gained anything in 3 weeks and I am shocked.

Maternity clothes: I have no idea what it is like to wear clothes that do not have a lot of elastic in them. I packed my hospital bag this week and while I know I will still be bloated and stretched out for a while, picking out my outfit to go home in, got me excited about fitting back into my old clothes.

Stretch marks: None. I wonder how much of this is genetics, the cocoa butter I use at least once a day, or the fact that since I used to be heavier, my skin was already stretched out.

Sleep: I have been really bad the past week and stayed up way too late trying to get stuff done, so I was absolutely exhausted at night and slept great, except for the few times I woke up with heartburn.

Best moment this week: It took a lot of time and energy and late nights, but we got this house in pretty good baby shape. There are a few things I would like to get done still, but if he came tomorrow, we would be ready. Including a nursery that Ben deemed done (because his say on that matter was what mattered).

Movement: He is doing lots of stretching. Saturday and Sunday he went through a few spurts that were pretty uncomfortable for me. I am hoping he is working on turning. The worst is when I am standing or walking, the pressure he puts on my lower abdomen. It feels like I need to empty my bladder but when I go to the bathroom, that does not fix the problem.

Food cravings: I have just not been into food lately. I still love dessert and milk, but I have to remind myself to eat.

Food aversions: Nope. I even made something with my old friend turned nemesis, bell peppers, and I was fine. I have been having heartburn but that seems to come from everything!

Gender: Little man

Labor Signs: He is still snug. My cervix was still closed at my OB appointment last week.

Belly Button in or out? Not moving, just have an itchy scar.

What I miss: I look back on my old bump pictures and I cannot believe that I ever thought I was fat. I like being pregnant, but I am excited to not have this 38lb bump to dress around. I guess I miss feeling cute.

What I am looking forward to: At this point I should probably put holding my baby in my arms (which is definitely true) but I after all this work this week, I am looking forward to hopefully a couple of weeks of resting.

Weekly Wisdom: Sleep!!!!!!!! (I know I should but I just want to get things done while I can).

Milestones: We reached a month to our due date yesterday and 4 weeks today. Getting close!

Measurements: Chest- -.5”, Waist- -2”, Hips- +.5”, Circumference- same







My husband on most days.


A sneak peek of some maternity pictures that my great friend Heather took. I should also mention that she took all but two of the above nursery pics. Love her!

1 comment: