Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly Update: 37 weeks



It is a big week for us. We are officially full term!!! I am 3 weeks from my due date but could go anytime and everything be okay. I am hoping that Pumpkin can hold out until October 1st, which is scary because that is only next weekend. I have a few birthdates that I would like for him but I am sure he will come on our anniversary which is exactly what I do not want. It seems like forever that I have been pregnant and yet it went by so fast. I am starting to get sentimental (I am sure my mom is laughing at that) about things being the last time we do them just the two of us. I am excited to meet the little guy but I am nervous about him integrating into our life (and vice versa).

How far along: 37 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 37 lbs

Maternity clothes: Duh!

Stretch marks: Still all clear here

Sleep: I sleep pretty good for the most part. There are a few additional trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the fact that getting out of bed is a chore in itself is uncomfortable. I am looking forward to the day when I can sleep on my stomach. The past few days I cannot get my mind to stop racing but that might be nothing and just from stuff that happened those days.

Best moment this week: I found out at my OB appointment that Pumpkin is head down. That makes me happy but I still know he could flip the wrong way again.

Movement: He moves a lot like usual. Lately the kicks (or punches or whatever) can be kind of painful. I know I gasped a few times yesterday and it scared Ben.

Food cravings: It is probably just the season and weather but I have been into anything pumpkin spice. I made cupcakes, hot chocolate, pancakes and ice cream in it this week.

Food aversions: None that I can think of

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: Nothing going on down there but my parents keep calling to check. We will see at my appointment on Wednesday if we have made any progress.

Belly Button in or out? I told you it would not budge and it is staying put

What I miss: I have either pulled a muscle or I get a cramp around my left hip when I do certain things and I am really over it. I could not even pull up my shorts without it hurting. Now it is happening in other areas. I swear this kid grew in the past few days and it is wearing me out and hurting my belly.

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to getting to meet our little guy. I feel like I know this baby in my belly but after he is born they are going to hand me this kid I don’t know. I am just having a hard time picturing life with him.

Weekly Wisdom: I am just trying to enjoy what might be our last weeks (heck it could be hours) without a little guy to worry about. This is making me nervous and sad!

Milestones: We are full term now!!! I think that is a pretty darn big milestone.

Measurements: Chest- same, Waist- +.5”, Hips- -1”, Circumference- same

So we did a plaster belly cast because I wanted to get a picture of him as a newborn cuddled up in it. Plus I was just curious about them and figured I wanted no regrets when this was all over. I am not going to show the whole thing because I just do not think it is very flattering but here you can see just how messy it got. We were both covered in splatters.

Also, here is a picture of the 1950s version of Ben and I at a "Mad Men" themed birthday party for a friend. Now if we wanted to be super authentic, I would have a drink and cigarette but I was not willing to go that far.


No comments:

Post a Comment