Saturday, June 23, 2012

Miller Week 36

Just a warning, you are getting ready to see a bunch of pictures of Miller in the pool over the next few months. He is just too darn cute in his suit.

Since we were going to Houston and I knew we would be swimming in my aunt and uncle's pool, I wanted Ben to be there for Miller's first time. So even though it was a bit chilly that day, we headed to our new neighborhood pool. 

Miller swimming with mommy. 

And he tried to swim away from me. If he could get the floating part down, he would totally swim. He is moving his arms and legs like crazy.

Miller and daddy lounging on the stairs.

We decided to make it a whole evening of summer filled activities and went to get some frozen custard. This is a bad food to feed a baby because as soon as the spoon has left his mouth, he has swallowed and wants more.

 After we were back from Houston, we had a busy week. My friend Lindsey's shower was that weekend and I was co-hosting. It was also the week before Father's Day and I had to get on the ball to get Ben's present done. We actually bought him something but also wanted to make something too. There is only so much you can do with an 8 month old but I decided to try finger paints. I had to actually make the finger paints so that they were baby safe. Aren't they pretty?!?!


He did not actually get that you had to paint on the canvas and just wanted to spread the paint around on his high chair and eat it. He had fun either way.

On Wednesdays, I take a weekly picture of him. Now that this kid is mobile, that is getting harder and harder. This is an outtake from this weeks, but it was just too adorable not to share. 

Friday night, we had very little sleep because someone was restless all night. Ben actually took him on a walk at 6:30 so I could get a little sleep. We had to get up early anyways to setup for the shower and of course he was good and slept through that. He came out and visited while Lindsey opened the presents and was pretty good while we cleaned up. We hoped he would come home and take his afternoon nap, thus mommy and daddy taking a nap but he refused to. We laid on the floor in his room as he played instead.

That evening we went to our friends David and Julie's house for a cookout and pool party. Of course Miller had a great time. 

Him and Isla were having a very intense conversation. I have it on video and it is hilarious. 


Sunday, Father's Day. I made breakfast while Ben spent time with Miller. We had bacon waffles, bacon, eggs and fruit. Mine is the waffle with chocolate chips on it. Yes bacon, and chocolate chips.

Miller's presents to his daddy.

We decided to try out another one of our neighborhood pools. We were only there for 45 minutes because Miller lost his patience but that was good for us because we did not feel like staying very long anyways.

We came home, showered and went to Old Navy where we got a few things for Miller on sale plus the guy at the register gave us another 30% off (not exactly sure why but I am not complaining). We went out to eat at Marlows were we had a coupon for a free soup, then we ordered an appetizer and they had run out of an ingredient for it, so they gave us another one on the house. We only had to pay for our entree. It was a night of great deals which is right up Ben's alley.

I hope all the fathers out there had a great day!

We are still dealing with a teething baby who will not sleep very long segments and loves to wake up in the middle of the night and whine, cry and climb all over  us. We are so tired and beyond frustrated! Hope these two new teeth pop up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment