Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nursery Redo

I actually did all this work and wrote this post, last summer but kept forgetting to publish it. Oops! Anyways, here it is.

The hardest part of moving has been missing my nursery. I am not sure why but I mourn it. I worked so hard on that darn room. I sat in there for hours and hours as a hopeful mommy to be, imagining playing with my son in that room. I planned out every detail and made almost everything in there. I know the people in the house make it a home, not the stuff but I still just could not help but miss that nursery. The day we moved, once everyone was downstairs finishing up, I went and sat in the floor with Miller and cried. Yes, I know that that is pathetic so I will just blame it on mommy hormones.



Since we have moved in, I have done little things here and there. The worst thing was that we can not paint in this house and I LOVED the color that we had on the walls.That color was my color. I hunted through hundreds of paint samples to find the perfect one. Everything else in the room was centered around that color on the walls.

I started trying to dream up ways to get that color on the walls without painting. First thought was to glue fabric in that color to the walls but I decided that it would not be worth the trouble and price. Then I decided to attempt something else. At Wives Unscripted I blogged about temporary wallpaper made out of kraft paper that we pinned up and painted. In that instance, it was only a small pattern of paint but for Miller's room I decided to paint the whole thing.



Let's just say, it was not successful. With all the moisture from the paint, the paper curled and bubbled. The seams would lift up from each other. I decided after doing about a quarter of it, it was not going to work. Back to the drawing board.

I wanted my blue on the walls and I wanted our trees back. I had saved the decal that I had made for the old nursery so I laid it out and painted it. Then I measured and cut out a new one to join it. I loved the white against  the blue wall that we had before but I like how this turned out too.


The wreath has actually been replaced with another white wreath but that it is another story for another day. The effect is the same though. 






I really miss my blue walls but I can live with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment