Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekly Update: 16 Weeks


Here is the first pregnancy update of many.

 
How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I have consistently been down 2 or 3 pounds from the beginning of this pregnancy and I have no idea how that is still possible.

Maternity clothes: I am really liking the t-shirts and shorts that I just bought but I wish that the flat spot where my belly button is, would round out. It looks weird!

Stretch marks: Nothing new but the old ones are slightly tan from the beach. 

Sleep: Miller has been letting mommy sleep in which is great. I have been so tired lately.     

Best moment this week: I asked Miller where the baby was so he lifted up my shirt to give my bump a kiss. Then he laid his head down and snuggled with it. Melted my heart!!

Movement: Still no strong kicks but lots of flutters. Sometimes, I will realize that I have not felt any in a while and then the baby starts wiggling. 

Food cravings: Having to eat is such a pain. I would rather just go to a restaurant where I have my pick of a bunch of different things. I did really want cheesecake the day we got back from the beach so we picked up some at Cheesecake Factory.  

Food aversions:  Nothing major. We did have some leftover breakfast casserole and the onion in it did not taste good to me so Ben finished it for me.

Gender: This is driving me batty! We think we know and are sooooo sure but the wait is killing me. There are so many things that we are waiting to do until we find out. I am ready to know! Our anatomy scan is only 2.5 weeks away. 

Labor Signs: No way! 

Belly Button in or out? Like I already said, I wish it would round out.

What I miss: I miss not having these crazy hormones. I keep having mood swings and losing my patience with Miller. Plus, it is making the wait to find out the baby’s gender unbearable. 

What I am looking forward to: THE GENDER!!! Nothing else in the world exists but this. (I am kidding...... well, sort of).

Weekly Wisdom: I keep getting worked up about the gender of the baby (obviously, by my answers to the above questions). Then I started looking at pictures from Miller’s birth and newborn age, and seeing other peoples newborns and just get excited that this is our baby, whether it is a girl or boy.

Milestones: Something about getting to the weeks that are multiples of 4 always makes it feel like a milestone, especially knowing that the next one is halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment