Friday, September 13, 2013

Labor Day in TN

Labor Day weekend, so we went to TN. There is always so much to do that weekend in Knoxville but we managed to still relax some.

Saturday was our first football game. We made Miller practice "Rocky Top" all week. My parents bought him a jersey which made him look like a little boy and sooooo freaking cute. I am not sure what is going on in this picture. I went upstairs to get food and came downstairs to find this. The orange bowl there, he claimed it as his completely.

Mom got Miller a little tupperware set. One morning, we pulled it out and Miller laid it out like this. He asked for a cracker so we gave him one. Then he asked for another, and another and another. He was trying to fill the plates. I love that he was having a little tea party.

My parents have been dying to get Miller out on the jet ski and of course it rained all of 4th of July. This was our last chance this year. Sunday morning they called and said they were getting everything ready. After Miller's nap, we got ready and headed out to the lake. I obviously can not go on the jet ski with my larger than life bump, plus I am not a fan. Ben got on with him and Miller immediately started whining and crying. We figured that he would do that so we just said we had to make a push to get him to try it.

This is him reaching and calling for "Mommy, mommy, mommy". He was not scared, he just wanted mommy.

See, he was fine eventually.

Of course he got off and talked all about the boat and pointed to all the other ones on the water. Isn't he so cute in his life vest?!

I just started snapping pictures while we were sitting there. I swear that I barely edited this picture.


I always complain that I do not have enough pictures of Miller and I. Ben grabbed my camera while we were at the lake and got this one. I hate that I am in my bathing suit and cover up but it is still decent.


As soon as he snapped that, the sky opened up and we ran to the car. It was perfect timing because we had just loaded up the jet ski. 

That night we went to the annual labor day fireworks show downtown. It is something like  the biggest in the country and I have so many fond memories of it from growing up, but is just so crowded. We were not sure how Miller would take fireworks and since it was so late, we went and parked on top of a parking garage far away and watched from there. This way we could make a quick getaway when they were over.

Wasting time while we wait.

As soon as I took this picture, Miller hopped out of moms arms, ran into the backseat of the car, climbed in his seat and started trying to buckle himself in. He was not scared or crying but he was just not a fan.

We tried every form of bribery to get him back out of the car. Finally, we told him there were buses (the campus ones) so he got out to see that. As soon as it drove away, he was down and back in the car.

Of course now he gets so excited when you mention fireworks and likes to watch the videos on moms phone that she took.

Monday, we drove out to my aunt and uncles house to see the kittens that the stray cat that they found had. As soon as my uncle brought out the box with the squeaking kitties, he was so excited. 

He was taking the kitty off of him but I promise that he had a smile on his face while he was doing it. 

As always, it was a busy visit but we were able to have some down time and relax. It is weird to think that the next time we go back will be Thanksgiving (if my doctor lets me) or it will be Christmas with a new baby. 

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute! The pictures of him with the kittens are so adorable.