Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekly Updates: 35 and 36 weeks




How far along: 35 weeks (and only 35 days to go)
Total weight gain/loss: +21lbs (I really want this weight gain to slow down but at least I know a large portion of it is the baby gaining weight)
Maternity clothes: I am trying to figure out what to wear for a few upcoming occasions. I wish I could go buy something but I know that I do not need to. I am sure I can put something together from my closet.
Stretch marks: Still nothing, yay!
Sleep: I remember sleeping fine at this point with Miller but this is different. I have to wake up a few times a night because I get sore. It takes me a full minute to plot my maneuver to roll over and then another minute to execute it. Then sometimes I realize that I have to go to bathroom and that is a whole different kind of maneuver. When I do sleep, I sleep so hard that it makes me so grumpy and sore to get up in the morning. I am not sure if I hate sleeping at this point in my pregnancy or I should just be grateful I do not have a newborn waking me up yet.  
Best moment this week: We were actually able to get some more maternity pictures. I am so relieved that we were able to get a great set of photos to capture this time with our family without having to hire someone.   
Movement: There are lots of times during the day when I have not felt her but when I do, it is majorly uncomfortable. Lots of pressure and her pushing my organs around. The other day, I swear I felt her kicking me so far on the side that it was almost in my back.
Food cravings: I really only look forward to my dessert time at night. Ben has gotten me a hot chocolate a few times in the past week and that was nice. I am so tired of eating the same foods everyday and we have been stuck in the house. I wish we could go out to eat but not with Miller.
Food aversions:  No aversions, but still, nothing really sounds good.
Gender: Our little lady
Labor Signs: My doctor checked me this week and there is nothing going on.    
Belly Button in or out? Same old, same old.  
What I miss: I miss having a project to work on and be excited by but I do not want to start anything new before she comes. I just feel like I am in a rut but I know that in a few weeks, I will have my hands full. I feel tired and drained all the time, and Miller and I have been cooped up in the house all week.
What I am looking forward to: I have moments where I am sooo excited for Baby Girl’s arrival but right now I am looking forward to my sprinkle next week and Thanksgiving back in TN.
Weekly Wisdom: I realize that rather than dread her arrival, I kind of just want her to come so I can deal with having a newborn again and not dread what is unknown. Everything might be smoother than I expect.
Milestones: We are 35 weeks down and 35 weeks to go. That is a fun milestone!
 





How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +20lbs
Maternity clothes: I remember when my maternity clothes did not fit too well and were awkward. Now they are getting really tight and the shirts appear too short. Part of me is sad that I will be saying goodbye to them in a few weeks but part of me is so over wearing the same few things over and over again.
Stretch marks: Lots of stretching but no marks.
Sleep: My biggest problem is waking up. I keep missing my alarm and sleeping through it so that Miller and I get up kind of late. I am not complaining about the extra sleep though. I am sure I need it since I wake up multiple times at night to roll over, go to the bathroom or take a Tums.   
Best moment this week: It was kind of a dull week but Miller and I were able to have some fun at home and out.    
Movement: There are lots of inactive times but when she is active, she is active. I woke up to her this morning and I swear she did a somersault but then hiccups this evening indicate that she is still in the same position.
Food cravings: I had a breakdown last night and did not want anything. I had forgotten to put dinner in the crockpot and because I could not decide on anything, I pouted until Ben volunteered to go get me cheesecake factory. Not exactly a craving but it was nice to eat something different since I have not left the house for a meal in months.
Food aversions:  Nothing ever sounds good, EVER.
Gender: I still cannot believe that I am having a girl. In a good way it weirds me out that I have girl stuff in my house and packed girl clothes in my hospital bag.
Labor Signs: Sometimes I think I am having back contractions but because they are faint and irregular, it might just be my back hurting from all this weight I am carrying in the front.
Belly Button in or out? Still way in  
What I miss: I miss having energy. On the one hand, I hate being bored so I want to keep myself somewhat occupied. However, all the things that I need to do are quite physical and I just do not have the energy or stamina to do them. And I feel bad asking Ben to help out after a long day of work. On the other hand, I know I should just relax and enjoy these last few weeks of “peace” (as much peace as you can get with Miller to chase).  
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to my sprinkle this weekend. I am so excited to get together with my friends to celebrate this baby girl.
Weekly Wisdom: I talked to my Grandma and she promised me that having a second child is so much easier than transitioning with the first. I have no idea why, but I have so much more anxiety this time than I did with Miller.  
Milestones: OMG!!! She could be here any day now. I really want her to hold off until the first week of December but that is still only 2.5 weeks away. So close! I am excited and terrified at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment