Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekly Updates: 31, 32, 33, and 34 Weeks

Sorry, I got really behind on these. I was only going to post the latest week but I figured I should be consistent and do all of them.

31 Weeks



How far along: 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +14lbs (I am not sure if I actually lost week or if the big gain that I had two weeks ago, was water retention that has subsided).   
Maternity clothes: I am at that point in my pregnancy where I am so over my maternity clothes. I feel like I wear the same thing over and over again. I am actually looking forward to the season change so I can wear some new things.  
Stretch marks: I was rubbing cocoa butter on my belly the other night when I noticed a small purple line in my belly. I wondered if it is was just an imprint from the seam of my clothes but I just could not convince myself of that. I was sure that I had gotten my first stretch mark. The next morning, it was gone. Just a normal clothing mark.      
Sleep: My poor baby has a cold this week and his first night, the day after our trip to the corn maze, he woke up at 4AM not feeling good. I was up for an hour and a half with him before he fell back asleep in our bed but he still had us up at 7AM. Besides that night, I have slept fine.  
Best moment this week: Nothing big. I had my doctor appointment this week and I was slightly worried that they would say something was wrong and we could not go to Disney World but everything was fine.   
Movement: We got to Disney today and it was interesting. I think sitting in the car all day, and then walking around Epcot that night confused her and my body. I kept having tightening and I think BH. She is moving around plenty but that pressure is killer.    
Food cravings: Whenever it is time to eat, I have no appetite despite knowing that I need to eat.   
Food aversions:  Nope, nothing here either.
Gender: Baby girl.  
Labor Signs: A lot of BH the night we got to Disney, but I am sure they are just from riding in the car.  
Belly Button in or out? It is not moving.   
What I miss: I really miss not feeling like I have an expiration date. The baby is coming in 7-9 weeks and I feel like at that point, my life is over. I am trying to get excited but all I can think of are all the negative things that came after Miller was born. There were so many great things but all I can focus on now are the bad. 
What I am looking forward to: We are at Disney World this week. I am excited but nervous. I am just hoping for a smooth, fun trip and creating some great family memories.     
Weekly Wisdom: At my doctors appointment I described the discomfort that I have been having. I was worried that my doctor might be concerned and tell me to rest more, which is not happening with Disney this week. She believes that it is just normal pregnancy discomfort, mainly from the weight of my belly and this being my second pregnancy.
Milestones: All 5 of babies senses are developed now.
 

32 Weeks




How far along: 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +16lbs
Maternity clothes: I look at the pictures we took at Disney this week and I think I just look awkward in everything. I think the cuteness in pregnancy for me lasts about 2 weeks in the middle.   
Stretch marks: Nope, nothing new.       
Sleep: We slept so hard at Disney because we were exhausted from the day but we did not sleep enough. This is our first day home and I had to wake Miller and I up at 10:30. Of course, we all have allergies acting up so we are not breathing well at night. I keep waking up in pools of drool because I am having to sleep with my mouth open.   
Best moment this week: Surviving Disney World this week was pretty great. I was not sure how I would handle it but I survived and think I actually improved my stamina because of it.
Movement: I have had a few times where she has hurt me. I do not remember that with Miller. Also, if I have the slightest amount of fluid in my bladder, the pressure from her is so painful. I go to the bathroom not because I feel like I need to, but to relieve the pain.     
Food cravings: I will admit that I did not take the best care of myself with eating at Disney. We would go long stretches without eating. By the time we would eat, I had no appetite but I was kind of shaky. Then I would just have whatever I could get my hands on, regardless of how healthy it was.
Food aversions:  I had one bite of something Ben had and gagged, but I am pretty sure that it is something that I have never liked the flavor of.
Gender: Team pink
Labor Signs: The BH that I had on our first night, subsided and I would only have one or two a day. Walking 4 to 6 miles a day was rough on the body and all the other women who looked to be in their 3rd trimester (some their 2nd) used scooters to get around. I figured the walking would be good for my body as long as I was comfortable. I kept track and we walked at least 30 miles this week.
Belly Button in or out? Still the same.  
What I miss: I miss not worrying about eating and drinking and resting enough. I know they are not bad things but I feel like when I neglect any of those things, they make me a bad mom.
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to a few more fall events that we have coming up, including a trip to the zoo, some Halloween parties and Halloween.      
Weekly Wisdom: No wisdom, just trying to get excited.
Milestones: The baby should be making her way to the head down position. Her brother did not do it for a few more weeks but mom, Ben and I think we feel a foot at the top of my belly. I rubbed it the other day and she jerked like it tickled. Here is hoping she is and stays that way.
  
 33 Weeks



How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +17lbs
Maternity clothes: I am really enjoying getting to wear my fall clothes but I have no idea what I am going to wear for my upcoming maternity pictures.   
Stretch marks: Same old ones.       
Sleep: We are still in our old sleep habits. We really need to fix them but I am so tired all of the time that I need the extra sleep in the morning.    
Best moment this week: I have been able to get a good start on Christmas presents. I am hoping to get everything done and wrapped soon. I know I have the best excuse this year to not make gifts but I still like to. Plus, it keeps me busy while we are waiting on the baby.
Movement: She is living under my ribs on my right side. I am hoping that it is her feet or butt. Whatever end is up, she is constantly squishing my organs in ways Miller never did. I have been having the worst heartburn with this kid. With Miller, it started earlier and was more consistent but with baby girl, it is so much worse.      
Food cravings: I just want something to make this heartburn go away. I am always torn between whether I want something cold, or hot to relieve the discomfort.  
Food aversions:  Nothing really, but of course I am still staying away from foods that bothered me earlier on in the pregnancy.  
Gender: Girly girl
Labor Signs: Any BH that I was having before Disney, seem to have lessened, which makes me think it was just my belly weighing me down. I have had a couple here and there but they are rare.  
Belly Button in or out? All stretched out but not moving.    
What I miss: I miss not having heartburn, just from drinking water. I used to have it all the time when I was heavier but since I lost weight after college, I have only really gotten it when I have been pregnant. As if I am not uncomfortable enough already.  
What I am looking forward to: We are supposed to take maternity pictures this weekend and I am hoping they go smoothly since we are not hiring someone else to take them.
Weekly Wisdom: Some days I think about how close we are and it terrifies me. Then others I realize how much further we have to go and I want time to speed up. I am just trying to take it one day at a time, appreciating this time before she comes, but trying to get excited about her arrival.
Milestones: Two of my baby websites say that if the baby was born now (God forbid), she would be fine. I really want her to stay put for at least another 5.5 weeks but it is still a comforting thought.

 34 Weeks




How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +19lbs (half the weight I gained with Miller)
Maternity clothes: I tried to wear my baby skeleton shirt as much as I could this week to make sure I got my wear out of it.
Stretch marks: I am hoping that I am in the clear with these.
Sleep: I have not been sleeping the best. I wake up to roll over. I wake up with heartburn. I keep having active dreams and do not feel like I am resting. Plus going to bed late and getting up early because this has just been a busy week. I am hoping that once things calm down, I can get some rest.
Best moment this week: We had our growth scan this week. Baby Girl is measuring almost exactly the same as Miller, 5lbs6oz with a 90th percentile head. She is head down, and we even saw hair. The best part is that we got a good shot of her sweet little face. She has Miller’s kissable little lips.  
Movement: She has slowed down which is normal when you have less room to move around. I do not remember Miller slowing down (ha, because he never has) but she still moves frequently. Apparently, I have been feeling her butt and legs up under my ribs and her hands by my hips.       
Food cravings: Eh, no real cravings. I am still majorly into sweets though.
Food aversions:  Nothing here either, which is good.
Gender: Definitely a girl. I asked to see at the ultrasound and the tech showed me the girl bits.
Labor Signs: Nothing going on here, thank goodness. 
Belly Button in or out? It is majorly stretched out.
What I miss: I am having so many conflicting feelings about wanting to keep her in and to myself, and anxious to hold her in my arms. I miss just being plain excited.   
What I am looking forward to: We are taking some additional maternity pictures this weekend. The ones last week turned out fine but I really want some of just me with my bump. I am hoping that I am able to direct Ben and that I can get the shots that I want.
Weekly Wisdom: After seeing her little face this week on the ultrasound, I am actually getting excited to see her. I am still nervous but it made it so much more of a reality to see the little face that we will be falling in love with.  
Milestones: According to the baby websites, she is losing her fuzzy hair that has been covering her body to prepare for birth. At 34 weeks, we are 6 weeks from our due date but she could easily come in 4 weeks. I texted Ben that we will have a baby next month (eek!).

No comments:

Post a Comment