Friday, October 12, 2012

My Birthday Boy

Yep, it is true. Somehow, my baby has turned into a little boy. It is a strange feeling! I thought I would be overwhelmed with sadness but it is more complex than that. The truth is, I actually like Miller a lot more than I did last year. I miss the newness and cuddles of a newborn, but now he is my buddy. We know each other better and have fun together. It is more that having my baby turning one, just makes me sentimental.

I look back at pictures from my pregnancy and right after he was born and I do not recognize myself. I was naive and unprepared (as every first time mother is) at what would be coming. It has been a great year but a hard one. The adjustment to mommyhood was something that I thought I would handle well with my years of child care but turns out, no one is exempt from that. We had our honeymoon phase in the beginning and then reality hit and it hit me hard. It has only been recently that I feel like the clouds have lifted and I am myself again. I hope that it just keeps getting better and better.

Okay enough talking, more pictures. I always thought a cake smash shoot looked fun and for this girl who likes to bake, I had to do it. I will also be taking one year pics of him soon but I am waiting until Miller and I get our hair cut and when we have time after his two parties are over.



He loved the candle.



Totally took a chunk out of the candle. 



"Nummy cake!"





"No more! Please, no more!"



Happy birthday my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment