I decided not to do the whole, 30 days of thanks thing. I have plenty of things to be thankful for but that just overwhelms me to have to come back day after day. Instead, I am doing one post.
- My friends. I have always had trouble finding good friends and finally I have people who are there for me whenever we need anything.
- My family. If you know me, you know how much my big family means to me. I have been so lucky to have seen every member of my Miller family, two years in a row and get to spend this Thanksgiving with a good bit of them (although I am missing the rest).
- My dad and stepmom. I was really lucky when they met because I got a great stepmom who loves Miller and I like we are her own and they make a great pair.
- My mom. I think God knew we would be best friends.
- My in-law family. I hear horror about other peoples in laws and I am so blessed to be welcomed into this family. They love me and I love them.
- Ben's job. A lot of architects in this recession were laid off and even though we had our hard times, we never had to deal with a job loss for Ben.
- Our new house. Yes, I wish we were in a different situation and could buy a house but finding this one was meant to be. It is perfect for us and our family.
- The health of our family. There are many things I pray for our future but this is always the number one thing.
- Ben. I am always sarcastic and act like he is constantly annoying me (which is partly true- see picture below) but I love him. We rarely fight and when we do, it is over stupid stuff. I am so blessed to have found a partner who I get along with so well and have fun with.
-Miller. This one does not even need a statement. Two years ago at this time I was wondering if I was even meant to have a child and now I have this beautiful little boy. He is such a handful and knows how to push my buttons but he is my best buddy and the funniest little thing I know. I am always saying that he is my best craft (since, you know, I made him and all) and favorite thing (sorry Ben!).
I hope everyone out there has a very happy Thanksgiving. Here are my two favorite pictures from last year. Look how tiny Miller was!!